One of our favorite parts about this time of year is the excuse to break out into an all-afternoon gift wrapping session! They say presentation is everything, and when it comes to great gifting, we have to agree. There's just something so special about a thoughtfully-wrapped gift. It shows that you take great pride in the art of giving (after all, it is better to give than to receive...), and it just looks so good under the Christmas tree!
Although we decided to break out the fancy Container Store and Crate & Barrel wrapping paper during this wrapping session, there are so many inexpensive ways out there to beautifully and creatively wrap those presents!
Below are just a few unique gift wrapping ideas we love:
- Repurpose those grocery store paper bags by using them as gift wrap. Simply use the inside part of the bags, and voila-- super chic, eco-friendly wrapping paper for zero dollars!
- Add a special touch to your gifts with a sprig of rosemary from the garden or a snip of evergreen pine needles from the back of the Christmas tree.
- For an eclectic look, try using old newspapers, cool magazine pages or even vintage maps as wrapping paper! It makes for an unexpected and totally inventive way to wrap gifts on the cheap! You could also use extra fabric from sewing projects as a cool way to wrap boxes or even create gift bags out of them.
- Save yourself from buying gift tags by using matte black paper and doing a little hand lettering on it with chalk or metallic markers.
- Take your extra craft paper and create your own gift wrap design using fun stamps.
With a little over a week left 'til Christmas and Hanukkah starting tomorrow, we hope we've inspired you to flex your creative muscles and take the time to make those holiday presents extra special! It's really half the fun of gifting!